JOB TITLE: WAREHOUSE ASSISTANT & FORKLIFT OPERATOR
JOB TYPE: FULL TIME
LOCATION: BAYSWATER, VIC
REPORTS TO: WAREHOUSE & LOGISTICS MANAGER
The primary role of the Warehouse Assistant & Forklift Operator includes all activities involving the use of a forklift including receiving and processing of incoming stock and materials and the replenishment of stock pick faces & materials. In addition, the Warehouse Assistant & Forklift Operator will contribute to the overall flow, efficiency & safety of the warehouse operation by assisting with order fulfilment when forklift tasks are complete .
KEY DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with planning for stock arrivals into the warehouse including unloading, counting, receipt and put away to pick faces & palletised bulk locations ensuring process is followed to ensure accuracy of inventory and locations. Duties include but not limited to:
- Operate forklift
- Unloading & loading trucks & containers.
- Receiving, counting and stocking physical inventory in the warehouse.
- Stacking & wrapping stock onto pallets.
- Putaway & retrieval of pallets.
- Operate forklift to replenish stock pick faces & materials on shelves in a timely manner, so as not to impede pick/pack operation.
- Ensure orders are processed efficiently and that the delivery of orders meets customers’ expectations and business timelines.
- Utlise hand held unit to pick items according to the WMS.
- Inspect items to ensure they’re not damaged or faulty. Report faulty & damaged stock where required.
- Pack item/s according to specified packing guidelines.
- Dispatch orders according to specified guidelines.
- Participate in regular cycle counts of stock to ensure inventory is kept accurate.
- Identify opportunities & make recommendation to the Manager for warehouse efficiency, productivity & process improvements.
- Adhere to OH&S procedures, and ensure they are being understood and practised by all team members.
- Alert management of any required services or repairs with equipment or in the warehouse environment.
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by keeping aisles, shelves, inventory space and packing stations neat & tidy; sweep and vacuum as required.
- Empty trash bins throughout warehouse at the end of each day.
- Ensure all cartons are broken down & placed in cardboard bin at end of each day.
- Wear appropriate & specified personal protective equipment (PPE) such as hi-vis where required.
- Contribute to process & procedure improvements with a view to improving productivity & safety.
- Communicate and collaborate with team members in a clear, concise, and respectful manner in order to build rapport and trusted work relationships.
- Demonstrate an ability to be resilient, assertive, optimistic and open to change.
- Develop a good understanding of customer deliverables and the impact failure/cost of poor quality work standards.
- Work collaboratively across departments to meet company needs.
- Embody and champion Sage x Clare values.
- Proactive nature to ensure all warehouse tasks are completed timely.
- Be a leader on the team, show initiative, & assist Manager and Warehouse Team Lead to ensure smooth operation of the warehouse.
- Assist with planning & preparation, and participate in, bi-annual warehouse sales including working weekends where required.
- Assist with photoshoot production and coordination where required, this may include pick up and drop-off of props & product at the shoot location.
- Engage on Sage x Clare social media posts with comments and likes.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
- Thoughtful, decisive and aware of the energy that you bring to the workspace
- Actively take responsibility for ensuring behaviour and communication is in line with best practice diversity and inclusion principles and actively prioritises diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Reflection on and ownership of mistakes with willingness to discuss them in an open and honest way
- Treat colleagues with respect and compassion by responding when appropriate in a timely and professional manner
- Ability to work autonomously with full ownership and under pressure to meet deadlines
- Be a highly motivated, self-starter with superior time-management skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while respecting the workflow and time of the broader team with ability to be flexible if project calendar changes
- Positive, can-do & highly motivated attitude and self-starter mindset with a relentless drive towards quality and consistency
- Ability to take and receive feedback in a respectful and clear way understanding that ‘clear is kind’
- Transparent intentions and motivations
- Bring the best parts of you to work, unapologetically and unashamedly. When I bring my full self to work, I do my best work.
- Strive to do the best whether that is in daily work, collaborating with team members, in general communication, or with external stakeholders
- Lead by example
- Meticulous attention to detail to always deliver a high standard & quality of work
- Capable of managing workflow with the changing & competing priorities of a small & growing business, you understand that your flexibility will help you develop and grow along with the business
- Proactive approach to deliver a high standard quality of work
- Keen ability & initiative to utilise systems and professional experience to solve problems, find solutions & overcome obstacles
- Innovative and willing to challenge the status quo
- Tackle problems in a multi-faceted way, looking at problems with curiosity from different perspectives and with varied input
- Adept at dealing with ambiguity
- Keen ability to solve problems and overcome obstacles
- Communicate in a clear, kind, inclusive and honest way while demonstrating care and compassion to all
- Proactively participate in, promote and commit to inclusion, equity and diversity
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivated and personable with strong values and integrity a must
- Build sustainable relationships of trust with colleagues & customers through open and interactive communication, ability to respectfully work with diverse teams and personality types
- Top notch active listening skills, ensuring full understanding of message before making a decision or reacting
- Strong Business Acumen
- Maintain a thorough understanding of our products, offerings & business processes
- Commercially focused with sound business acumen
- Team player that understands how to work within the business framework, considering the entire team in decisions and requests
- 2+ years warehouse experience
- Forklift license required with reach truck experience highly favoured
- Experience in high volume retail order fulfilment
- Intermediate computer skills required with Mac experience preferred
- Experience with Shopify, Dear Inventory Management, StarShipIt, Dexion Warehouse Management System is strongly preferred
- Prior experience in homewares, apparel or other retail industry will be highly regarded