JOB TYPE: FULL TIME
LOCATION: BAYSWATER, VIC
REPORTS TO: GENERAL MANAGER
The People & Culture Business Partner is a standalone role, responsible for overseeing and guiding all aspects of the employee lifecycle at Sage x Clare. Reporting to the General Manager, this role develops, implements and embeds people & culture activities and initiatives, champions employee engagement, partners with the Leadership team to provide advice on operational people matters, and fosters an industry-leading culture underpinned by our core values. Will participate in & lead project based work aligned with business strategy.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Talent Acquisition and Resourcing
- Work with the Leadership team to develop a workforce planning strategy that considers revenue targets, desired profitability, growth in market share and achievement of business goals and objectives.
- Coordinate and oversee the end-to-end recruitment and selection process, including identification of resourcing needs, drafting job ads and position descriptions, posting ads, screening and shortlisting, interviewing candidates and making offers.
- Facilitate the onboarding of all new employees and provide ongoing support to new employees during their probation period.
- Lead values driven recruitment and team development with focus on diversity and inclusion
Culture and Employee Experience
- Partner with the Leadership team to design, implement and champion solutions, initiatives, programs and events to support company culture and enhance employee engagement.
- Develop & oversee internal communications to employees.
- Coordinate regular surveys and other mechanisms to obtain employee feedback and identify areas for improvement.
- Demonstrate ongoing commitment to implementing people practices that promote a fair and ethical workplace, employment equity, cultural diversity and employee wellbeing.
- Work with the Leadership team to drive our values focused diversity and inclusion
- Actively & positively participate in leadership team meetings, projects & accountabilities while demonstrating leadership across all areas of the business
- Manage ad hoc team & facility administration projects and tasks
Training and Leadership Development
- Provide targeted coaching and mentoring to new managers and emerging leaders, to fast-track leadership capabilities.
- Identify and implement training initiatives for employees based on business priorities and individual development needs. Track employee participation.
People Management (HR) and Employee Relations
- Act as the first point of contact for employee inquiries and requests, and provide generalist HR advice, guidance, and support to business. Develop required HR documentation.
- Support Leaders to implement the performance review lifecycle and conduct regular performance conversations with their team. Provide guidance to leaders on effective feedback methods, performance improvement tools and strategies, capability building and remuneration recommendations.
- Assist in the internal resolution of employee grievances or conflicts, considering both perspectives and inputs to find a resolution that is aligned with business process, values and best practices.
- Partner with external consultants as necessary when additional information or guidance is required.
Payroll, HR Administration and Compliance
- Prepare fortnightly payroll in Employment Hero which includes ensuring all timesheets and leave taken has been submitted & approved by managers.
- Maintain employee database & records in all relevant systems (inc HRIS).
- Monitor overall business compliance with legislative requirements (such as Fair Work Act, Modern Awards, and other relevant legislation). Keep abreast of relevant legislative changes and industry best practice.
- Lead salary review process including performance-based increases, promotions, market salary reviews and make relevant recommendations to Management.
- Oversee and embed company policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Maintain and update contracts, policies and procedures, and other HR documentation as required.
- Preparation of internal and external people and culture reporting, as required.
- Support Workplace Health & Safety function. Oversee the injury management and return-to-work process.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or a related field required.
- 5+ years’ experience in a standalone HR Specialist, Business Partner or Manager role required, with a focus on hands-on recruitment and employee relations.
- Proven effective capabilities in managing and delivering contemporary, best practice HR services, including the ability to provide high level advice and expertise to management to achieve performance excellence in human resource management.
- Experience in the homewares industry, online retail business, or similar is desirable.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Fair Work Act and other employment-related legislation, including Modern Awards and National Employment Standards, and the ability to apply that knowledge in a small/medium business.
- Ability to operate within guidelines of WH&S, Privacy and Equal Opportunity Acts
- Intermediate skill level in use of MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Experience with Employment Hero HRIS and payroll preferred
Skills and Behaviours
- Demonstrated aptitude to work both independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrated interpersonal, consultation, negotiation and influencing skills. Proven ability to build and maintain productive relationships with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Sound organisational, research, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional organisational and time-management skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, organise personal workflow, prioritise and manage time efficiently while working in a fast-paced environment
- Embody and champion Sage x Clare values
- Thoughtful, decisive, and aware of the energy that you bring to the workspace
- Actively take responsibility for ensuring behaviour and communication is in line with best practice diversity and inclusion principles and actively prioritises diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Reflection on and ownership of mistakes with willingness to discuss them in an open and honest way
- Treat colleagues with respect and compassion by responding when appropriate in a timely and professional manner
- Ability to work autonomously with full ownership and under pressure to meet deadlines, which could entail last minute, after hours work if required
- Be a highly motivated, self-starter with superior time-management skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while respecting the workflow and time of the broader team with ability to be flexible if project calendar changes
- Positive, can-do & highly motivated attitude and self-starter mindset with a relentless drive towards quality and consistency
- Ability to take and receive feedback in a respectful and clear way understanding that ‘clear is kind’
- Transparent intentions and motivations
- Ability to be resilient, assertive, optimistic and open to change
- Strive to do the best whether that is in daily work, collaborating with team members, in general communication, or with external stakeholders
- Meticulous attention to detail at all times to deliver a high standard & quality of work
- Capable of managing workflow with the changing & competing priorities of a small & growing business, you understand that your flexibility will help you develop and grow along with the business
- Proactive approach to deliver a high standard quality of work
- Keen ability & initiative to utilise systems and professional experience to solve problems, find solutions & overcome obstacles
- Positive & can-do attitude with a relentless drive towards quality and consistency
- Innovative and willing to challenge the status quo
- Tackle problems in a multi-faceted way, looking at problems with curiosity from different perspectives and with varied input
- Adept at dealing with ambiguity
- Keen ability to solve problems and overcome obstacles
- Communicate in a clear, kind, inclusive and honest way while demonstrating care and compassion to all
- Proactively participate in, promote and commit to inclusion, equity and diversity
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivated and personable with strong values and integrity a must
- Build sustainable relationships of trust with colleagues & customers through open and interactive communication, ability to respectfully work with diverse teams and personality types
- Top notch active listening skills, ensuring full understanding of message before making a decision or reacting to make an effective and timely decision
- Strong Business Acumen
- Maintain a thorough understanding of our products, offerings & business processes
- Commercially focused with sound business acumen
- Demonstrated project management & planning experience
- Team player that understands how to work within the business framework, considering the entire team in decisions and requests
- Strong project management, highly organised and detail oriented
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- You’re comfortable with changing & competing priorities and ad hoc needs of a growing business, you understand that your flexibility will help you develop and grow along with the business
- Keen ability to solve problems and overcome obstacles
- Confidence, patience, politeness, tact and diplomacy when dealing with difficult situations
- Team Focused
- Build sustainable relationships of trust with colleagues through open and interactive communication
- Ability to respectfully work with diverse teams and personality types
- Ability to clearly & effectively present to internal stakeholders, team and customers
- Interpersonal communication skills driving positive relationships & partnerships