Operations Manager Job Description
JOB TITLE: SYSTEMS AND OPERATIONS MANAGER
JOB TYPE: FULL TIME
LOCATION: SAGE x CLARE, 20 CORPORATE BLVD, BAYSWATER, VIC 3153
The Operational role is to ensure the entire retail division of the business functions as efficiently and effectively as possible. The role focuses on managing the priorities, programs and output of all direct reports to ensure that they are accurate and considered and aligned with the immediate and future priorities of the business. Additionally, the role will require the co-ordination and reporting on imported inventory deliveries and stock management.
The Systems role is to ensure that the Shopify website and associated applications, Xero accounting software, Dear Inventory Management, Starshipit and Facebook / Instagram advertising are all functioning appropriately to minimise cost to the business and maximise the efficient operations of the team. Additionally, the role requires a constant review of new system implementation to improve efficiency and customer experience.
The role includes the coordination and development of key performance goals for direct reports and to ensure the overall delivery, quality and accuracy of Sage x Clare’s offerings to its customers.
The role requires you to work collaboratively in regards to the daily operations of your team and to create and implement strategies designed to grow the business inline with brand objectives.
Essentially, the role is required to ensure the end-to-end customer experience is well considered, strategic, accurate and that customers are nurtured from initial order through to delivery of their inventory.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the culture of the wholesale team is akin to Sage and Clare key values
- Ensure all direct reports are well supported and empowered to add value to the team strategy
- Ensure appropriate, accurate and timely communications with retail customers
- Ensure the retail website is accurate and functioning appropriately to enable the best possible customer experience
- Ensure delivery timelines of stock to customers are communicated and delivered on time and in line with customer expectations
- Maintain a schedule stock purchase orders and ensure stock production timelines are managed, administered and imported inline with business objectives and customer expectations
- Build the frameworks and support systems that are crucial for the retail business to flourish and have longevity, while also building a stronger foundation
- Strategically oversee the daily operations of the retail division which includes co-ordinating design, concepting, sampling, production, stock importation, uploading inventory to all systems, managing stock levels and reorders, advertising, social media, customer service, warehousing, OHS, packaging and postage to customers
- Manage your direct report’s priorities keeping a close eye on the business short, medium and long term objectives to ensure that tasks are progressing appropriately to ensure key objectives will meet required deadlines
- The role does not require participation into the creative output of the team, it is focused on ensuring that the operational deliverables of the respective team members are accurate and timely
- Implement structures and clear processes to enable a streamlined end to end customer journey ensuring that all staff adhere to the approved company systems
- Recruit, train and supervise your direct reports
- Ensure your direct staff comply with Occupational Health and Safety Regulations
- Ensure that the Shopify website and associated applications, Xero accounting software, Dear Inventory Management, Starshipit and Facebook / Instagram advertising are all functioning appropriately to minimise cost to the business and maximise the efficient operations of the team
- Constantly review new system integration opportunities to improve overall operation efficiencies or reduce costs without impacting brand or the customer experience
- Research and make recommendations on new systems to improve operations
- Resolve computer hardware and software issues and keep an inventory of hardware
- Provide technical advice and support in relation to business software / hardware
- Ensure awareness and compliance with software, hardware and network security requirements
- Install new workstations, desktop, laptops and mobile phones
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with unloading, counting and stocking items in warehouse
- Pick items according to the Order from the warehouse
- Inspect items to ensure they’re not damaged or faulty and adjust inventory accordingly
- Pack item according to specified packing guidelines
- Ship and fulfil customer orders in Inventory system, inputting appropriate tracking numbers and links
- Assist in performing stocktakes bi-annually on all products in the warehouse
- If required, assist with warehouse sales, including working weekends where required, bump in and bump out
- Maintain general tidiness of warehouse and office areas
- If required, work trade shows where required including weekends and interstate
- Engage on Sage x Clare social media posts with comments and likes